Friday, August 10, 2012

Anywhere the Sun Shines

Myself, Brooke, then Brittany
Summer is quickly fading. School starts back up in 2 weeks, and I am properly excited. I was able to work out my schedule, and I'm afraid I'm just going to be too happy with the way things are looking up. In more recent news, my dear sister Brooke packed up and moved to Ohio. In many ways I am heartbroken that they moved so far, but also I am extremely excited for their new horizons. I will miss her dearly, but then again we can always do three-way calling... 

Last week while watching a guilty pleasure with Sadie and Lizzy, we planned a end of the summer trip to California. We will be heading out this upcoming Thursday and coming home the day before school starts: a grand total of 5 days in the sun, sand, and land of milk and honey. To be frank, this is exactly what I think the five of us need. As this year continues to creep forward, I'm learning to keep in perspective the things that matter the most. So far, it has been hard to determine whether I do things because I genuinely want to, or I do them to please others. Since it is kind of mixed in my book, it makes it hard for me to say no things. I'm hoping that this quick trip will help me find reevaluate my life a bit, and help me soak up my experiences that I had this summer (which I still need to blog about... sorry friends.) 

Here is a song by Mason Jennings that pretty much sums up how "El-suave" I think going to California will be.


And here are just some songs that I happen to love currently, and I HIGHLY recommend the new Joshua Radin CD: Underwater



















SORRY FOR MUSIC OVERLOAD... oh wait. Psych!


No comments:

Post a Comment