Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rain Clouds and Sunshine


Tomorrow I have the opportunity of attending BYU's annual Suicide Prevention Conference tomorrow from 8:30-4:00pm. I went to last years and I LOVED it! It was really heavy since we were dealing with victims of suicide, post-trauma stress disorders, interviews with suicidal people and depression.
I am really excited to go with a few of my school's HOPE Squad team (a group of peers from your high school who are a reference for people in need to be referred to a counsler or just to be there as a friend), and learn and grow within my self! I just hope that I'll be able to make it through the day. The issues that people face are real hard life circumstances. I believe it's important that we all should understand why someone might be depressed and how to help them out. What a fun day of some emotional rain clouds and sunshine I'll have tomorrow! Let's DO it!


No comments:

Post a Comment