Sunday, March 27, 2011

Salut, I'm Back!

Well folks:
It's minutes until 12 am... and that means that there is still time to post this entry before April 2... we are close. I'd like to announce that everyday this WHOLE month will be my Inspiration Gala... the Word Clambake so to say. Everyday this month, I'll post: some of YOUR inspired writings, some "ginger peachy" quotes, pictures, poems, short stories, excerpts from books, movie lines and music. What a sprawl!

Well to start it off with a BaNG, this is a poem written by Beatrice Schenk de Regniers (French?) that I grew up with:

Keep a poem in your pocket
and a picture in your head
and you'll never feel lonely
at night when you're in bed.

The little poem will sing to you
the little picture bring to you
a dozen dreams to dance to you
at night when you're in bed.

So-
Keep a picture in your pocket
and a poem in your head
and you'll never feel lonely
at night when you're in bed.




I hope that this month will help give you readers, family and friends something to "feast" on! Words and language are to be celebrated and shared! I think what we say and what we read go hand in hand in what we do. Surrounding ourselves with things that make ourselves cheerful can enrich and bless our lives in so many ways!
Maya Angelou once quoted:
"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song"

I don't have the answers to everything, but I do know that when we pick something we love whether it be stamp collecting, cleaning, music, sports, children, dancing, Spanish Soap Operas, and even quilting (anything you choose to fancy), our lives can bring a little bit more spirit into our everyday routine. I'm here now to trumpet what many others throughout the ages have celebrated: the human voice.

ENJOY!
(get ready...you're in for some romping, and tomfoolery)

(like this guy below...)



(see how merry?)(Or... like other chap below:)



(There we go... that's more like it. Great enthusiasm.)
*NOTE* I am not promoting his cigarettes in anyway... just his face.
Oh... and Happy April Fools!
(I'm not fooling around though, I really will be clambaking with words. Don't fret.)


2 comments: